- covered, over medium heat until tender and browned, turning
- frequently. Cool to room temperature.
- Remove skin from garlic. Transfer grilled vegetables to a food
- processor. Add the cilantro, serrano pepper, lime juice, salt and
- pepper. Cover and pulse until chunky. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil, salt,
- garlic powder, coriander, cumin and cayenne; add halibut. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat
- for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Flake fish into 1-1/2 in. pieces; cool to room temperature.
- To serve, top tortillas with fish, cabbage and salsa. Yield: 8
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grilling grid, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutritional Facts: 1 taco equals 265 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.