Grilled Halibut Steaks
"This recipe called for salmon, but I substituted another fish with delicious results," says Lisa Rowley of North East, Maryland. "It saves me time in the kitchen because all I have to do is mix up the seasoned butter, then turn it over to my husband, who does the grilling.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 halibut or swordfish steaks, 1-inch thick
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for
- 30 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, butter side down, covered,
- over medium heat or broil, buttered side up, 4 in. from the heat for
- 5-1/2 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak; turn and
- spread with remaining butter. Grill or broil 5-6 minutes longer or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 756 calories, 43 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 1,248 mg sodium,