Grilled Ground Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, celery, onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. On a greased grill, cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger equals 293 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Grilled Ground Turkey Burgers
"i have been making these since I first saw the recipe in Taste of Home. My husband loves them, in fact, we're having them for dinner tonight!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.