These juicy, tender patties on whole wheat buns make a wholesome, satisfying sandwich. We especially like to grill them, but you could also pan-fry them.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, celery, onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- On a greased grill, cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tender Turkey Burgers in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p237
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Ground Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2015
"i have been making these since I first saw the recipe in Taste of Home. My husband loves them, in fact, we're having them for dinner tonight!"