These juicy, tender patties on whole wheat buns make a wholesome, satisfying sandwich. We especially like to grill them, but you could also pan-fry them. —Sherry Hulsman, Elkton, Florida
Featured In: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, celery, onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- On a greased grill, cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tender Turkey Burgers in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p237
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Ground Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review