I cook almost everything outdoors, including green beans. I prepare this snappy side dish while the entree is cooking. The recipe has won over my picky eaters. —Carol Traupman-Carr, Breinigsville, PA
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Vegetable Recipes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat. Drain beans and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, shallot mixture and cheese; toss to coat. Transfer to a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18-in. square) coated with cooking spray. Fold foil around beans, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Green Beans in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p94
Reviews for Grilled Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review