"I made this dish for my Women's Health Initiative Group at our local university, and everyone just loved it," informs Betty Washburn of Reno, Nevada. "The grilled vegetables pick up a pleasantly mild flavor from the lemon juice and herb seasonings."
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, tomato, olives and onion. Combine oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 23 in. x 18 in.). Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Greek-Style Zucchini in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p53
Reviews for Grilled Greek-Style Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review