Grilled Greek Fish Recipe
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the tilapia; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tilapia, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 223 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.