Grilled Greek Fish Recipe
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the tilapia; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Place tilapia on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet: 223 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges:5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Grilled Greek Fish
"I forgot to get the fish marinating in time for dinner so I was only able to marinate it for about 15 mins. It was all right, but not much flavor. I will make it again and marinate it longer to see if it has a better flavor. I also cooked it in a pan for about 2 mins per side."
"I really likes this recipe, although the husband thought it had too much lemon juice."
"A healthy and convenient go-to meal with a fresh balance of flavor from the lemon and herbs."
"very flavourful, I did marinate it for about 4hrs. however, and, added capers as a garnish"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.