Grilled Goat Cheese & Arugula Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1-1/2 cups roasted sweet red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1. Spread pesto over four slices of bread. Layer with peppers, mozzarella cheese, goat cheese and arugula; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- 2. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.