Grilled Glazed Drummies
My family prefers these mild-tasting chicken wings more than the traditional hot wings. They are great for any gathering. Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen chicken drumettes, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal
- bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat
- for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting
- occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 drumette equals 288 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer