Grilled Glazed Drummies Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen chicken drumettes, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 141 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Grilled Glazed Drummies
"Wonderful recipe and so easy to make!"
"My youngest son (12yo) really liked it. I too liked it and will be making it again."
"This recipe was just okay for my family. I'm glad I tried it, but I probably won't make it again."
"made drummies and bone-less, skin-less breast, added a little chili powder. excellent. even better cold."
"Made this for a family get together. Sooo good. I added some chili pepper sauce for a little bit of kick."
"i made this last night for a church supper. my husband does not like buffalo wings, so thought i would try this. after tasting the marinade added some fresh ground black pepper and a few shakes of garlic-flavored habenaro hot sauce. delicious! only had one piece left. i also baked for 30 minutes instead of grilling."
"Super yummy! We made this with chicken legs and boneless/skinless breasts. Marinated for 6 hours. Sooooo good! My young boys loved it as well!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer