- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly add grits and salt, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add cheese and garlic; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Cut grits into 3-in. squares; brush both sides with oil. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Garlic Cheese Grits in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p58
Reviews for Grilled Garlic Cheese Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review