Grilled Garlic Bread
Until several years ago, I'd never thought of making garlic bread outdoors, but with this recipe, it turns out nice and crispy.—Priscilla Weaver, Hagerstown, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the bread into eight slices. In a small bowl, combine the butter
- and garlic powder. Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Place
- bread, buttered side up, on a grill over medium heat for 2 minutes
- or until browned. Turn and grill 2 minutes longer or until browned.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 207 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.