Grilled Game Hens
I love to cook and bake just about everything, but grilling is my specialty. These game hens pick up wonderful flavor from a sweet and refreshing marinade.—Kriss Erickson, Kalauea, Hawaii
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- Place hens in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half into bag; add the hens.
- Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover
- and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from hens. Place hens in a 13-in. x 9-in.
- disposable aluminum pan. Pour reserved marinade over hens; cover
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 35-40 minutes or until a
- meat thermometer reads 180° and meat juices run clear, basting
- frequently. Place hens directly over heat for the last 3-4 minutes
- of cooking time, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.