With toasted angel food cake and chocolate syrup, this recipe makes fruit seem especially decadent. It's the perfect treat for a summer party. —Melissa Birdsong, Gilbert, South Carolina
- 2 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 large banana, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium plums, pitted and quartered
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread cake cubes and fruits. Spritz each skewer with butter-flavored spray and roll in brown sugar.
- Place skewers on a piece of heavy-duty foil. Place foil on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fruits are tender, turning once. Drizzle each skewer with 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Fruit Skewers with Chocolate Syrup in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p32
Reviews for Grilled Fruit Skewers with Chocolate Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2012
"With the best fruit it can be very good. I like to use real melted chocolate in place of flavored syrup."
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2011