Grilled Flank Steak with Lemon Basil Marinade
A marinade featuring lemon and basil makes this cut of beef tender and delicious. The recipe is from Evelyn Robbins of Norridgewock, Maine, who relates, "I do all the preparation, and my husband does the grilling—we make quite a team!"
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a large resealable heavy-duty plastic bag, combine the first six
- ingredients. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal; refrigerate for 4-24
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat
- for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well done, 170°). Slice steak diagonally. Yield: 4
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.