Grilled Flank Steak with Lemon Basil Marinade Recipe
A marinade featuring lemon and basil makes this cut of beef tender and delicious. The recipe is from Evelyn Robbins of Norridgewock, Maine, who relates, "I do all the preparation, and my husband does the grillingwe make quite a team!"
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a large resealable heavy-duty plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal; refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well done, 170°). Slice steak diagonally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Flank Steak in Country Woman May/June 2000, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Flank Steak with Lemon Basil Marinade(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2010
This is the first recipe we made on our new grill. We loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >