Grilled Flank Steak
“Friends shared this three-ingredient marinade years ago, and it’s been a favorite since. Serve this steak with salad and grilled potatoes for a quick meal.” Beverly Dietz - Surprise, Arizona
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. + standing
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, wine and lemon juice. Pour 1
- cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat
- 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before
- slicing. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Serve with
- reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked steak with 1-1/2 tablespoons reserved marinade equals 195 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.