Grilled Flank Steak
Mustard and soy sauce really add flavor to this juicy flank steak from Kristin Roberts of Colorado Springs, Colorado. "With a potato dish, green salad and crusty bread, this is not only my favorite meal but a frequent request of family and friends," she writes.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for
- several hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Brush both sides of meat with mustard.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-10 minutes on each side
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°. Slice thinly across the grain. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.