Tender, flaky red snapper is topped with mustard glazed onions for a delicious dish. Paired with the unique bruschetta side, this is one supper that will delight and surprise.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 2 cups salsa
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the onion, lime juice, brown sugar, butter and mustard for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and liquid is almost evaporated.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with onion mixture. Fold foil over fish and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, brush oil over both sides of bread. Grill for 30-60 seconds on each side or until lightly browned. Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese; grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Top with salsa.
- Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve fish with bruschetta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Fish with Bruschetta in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Fish with Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2010
"I thought this was way too sweet of a recipe ,but I might play around with it to actually enjoy it."