- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 2 cups salsa
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the onion, lime juice, brown sugar, butter and mustard for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and liquid is almost evaporated.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with onion mixture. Fold foil over fish and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, brush oil over both sides of bread. Grill for 30-60 seconds on each side or until lightly browned. Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese; grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Top with salsa.
- Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve fish with bruschetta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Fish with Bruschetta in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Fish with Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2010
I thought this was way too sweet of a recipe ,but I might play around with it to actually enjoy it.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Bruschetta >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Snapper >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >