- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 2 cups salsa
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the onion, lime juice, brown sugar, butter and mustard for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and liquid is almost evaporated.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with onion mixture. Fold foil over fish and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, brush oil over both sides of bread. Grill for 30-60 seconds on each side or until lightly browned. Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese; grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Top with salsa.
- Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve fish with bruschetta. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Fish with Bruschetta
Sort By :
I thought this was way too sweet of a recipe ,but I might play around with it to actually enjoy it.