Grilled Feta Quesadillas Recipe
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cheeses with oregano until blended. Spread 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture over half of each tortilla; top with olives, pimientos and onion. Fold tortillas over.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill quesadillas, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 12 wedges.
1 wedge equals 62 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Feta Quesadillas
"I'm not sure how the carbs were calculated, but I wouldn't consider these low carb. All the packages of 6" tortillas in our stores say 15gm of carbs per *tortilla*. Add in the few carbs found in cheese and then the carbs in the olives, etc...and these are pretty high in carbs."
"Very yummy with the feta cheese! In my haste, I forgot to add the diced pimentos, but they were still excellent. Guess I'll have to make them again!"
"I really enjoyed these. They are easy to make and quite tasty. I did make one change though, i added some strips of red bell pepper. my husband absolutely loved them."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer