Grilled Feta Quesadillas
This is a great appetizer, especially when having company over for a barbecue. I had something similar at a Memorial Day party and I tried to recreate the flavor with lower fat ingredients.
-Jacqui Correa of Landing, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses with oregano until blended. Spread 3
- tablespoons of cheese mixture over half of each tortilla; top with
- olives, pimientos and onion. Fold tortillas over.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill quesadillas, uncovered, over
- medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each
- side or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges.
- Serve warm. Yield: 12 wedges.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 62 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.