This is a great appetizer, especially when having company over for a barbecue. I had something similar at a Memorial Day party and I tried to recreate the flavor with lower fat ingredients. -Jacqui Correa of Landing, New Jersey
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses with oregano until blended. Spread 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture over half of each tortilla; top with olives, pimientos and onion. Fold tortillas over.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill quesadillas, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 12 wedges.
Originally published as Grilled Feta Quesadillas in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p41
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Feta Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review