Grilled Fajitas Recipe
A special marinade gives the meat in these fajitas outstanding flavor that's always a hit with my family. It's a fun and satisfying summer main dish using garden-fresh peppers and onions. -Cheryl Smith, The Dalles, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Green, sweet red and/or yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream and lime wedges, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add steak. Seal bag; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill over high heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and peppers if desired in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Slice meat into thin strips across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC