Grilled Fajitas with Pico de Gallo Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, oil and garlic; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. For pico de gallo, in a small bowl, combine the zucchini, tomato, picante sauce and remaining lime juice; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with pico de gallo; roll up and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 518 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Fajitas with Pico de Gallo
"pico de gallo is cilantro, tomato, onion, and some jalapeno or serrano pepper all diced up and mixed together in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice.. NO ZUCCHINI"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.