Grilled Fajitas with Pico de Gallo Recipe
This is a good recipe when you’re pressed for time. The beef doesn’t need to marinate very long before grilling, and the accompanying vegetable relish is easy to stir up with just a few ingredients. It makes a delicious meal.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, oil and garlic; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. For pico de gallo, in a small bowl, combine the zucchini, tomato, picante sauce and remaining lime juice; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with pico de gallo; roll up and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC