- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Green, sweet red and/or yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream and lime wedges, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add steak. Seal bag; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill over high heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and peppers if desired in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Slice meat into thin strips across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Fajitas
"These are so good! Will definitely make again. I followed the recipe exactly, and I used the leftover marinade to cook in with the onions and peppers as a sauce. My brother-in-law couldn't stop raving about the marinade. I served them with the lime wedges and sour cream too."
"Really, really good. I skipped the oregano."
"Love making theses"
"Delicious. Skipped the water and used extra oil. Very tasty."
"I made these for a party on the grill, they were out of this world delicious."