My family was tired of eating the same fajitas, so I whipped up this recipe. I like it with chipotle, but a black pepper marinade also works well. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Recommended: 38 Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
- 1 beef sirloin tip steak (1 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1 cup chipotle marinade
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Flatten steak to 1/4-in. thickness. Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- In a large skillet, saute pepper strips in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Spread cream cheese over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Top with half of the peppers. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), turning occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Discard toothpicks. Serve with remaining pepper strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Fajita Rolled Steak in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p58
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Fajita Rolled Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2013
"This was a bit of a weird taste."