Grilled Dijon Summer Squash
A niece gave this mustard-seasoned squash recipe to me. My husband, Doug, and our three grandchildren love the zesty flavor and slightly crunchy texture. The kabobs are perfect partners to any grilled meat and reheat easily.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onions, quartered
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 whole fresh mushrooms
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano,
- mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Place the vegetables in a shallow
- baking dish. Add marinade and toss to coat. Let stand for 15
- minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Arrange vegetables on a vegetable grill rack. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Yield: 8 servings.