This outstanding sourdough sandwich is packed with a variety of meats, cheeses and sauteed vegetables.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 pound each thinly sliced deli ham, smoked turkey and pastrami
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers in oil until tender. Layer six bread slices with ham, turkey, pastrami, bacon, vegetables and cheese; top with remaining bread. Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Deli Sandwiches in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 2003, p39
Reviews for Grilled Deli Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review