- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, onion, garlic, curry, paprika, red pepper and salt if desired; process until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Make 1/2-in.-deep diagonal cuts, about 1 in. apart, in the meat.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 5 minutes, for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Curry Chicken
Sort By :
Not great at all. Flavor not good, chicken sticks to grill horribly. Will definitely not make again.