We're fortunate to have mild winters, so we fire up the grill throughout the year. Of all the meals I prepare, my family enjoys this slightly spicy chicken the most.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, onion, garlic, curry, paprika, red pepper and salt if desired; process until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Make 1/2-in.-deep diagonal cuts, about 1 in. apart, in the meat.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 5 minutes, for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Curry Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p88
Reviews forGrilled Curry Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2012
"Not great at all. Flavor not good, chicken sticks to grill horribly. Will definitely not make again."