- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, onion, garlic, curry, paprika, red pepper and salt if desired; process until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Make 1/2-in.-deep diagonal cuts, about 1 in. apart, in the meat.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 5 minutes, for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Curry Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p88
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Curry Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2012
Not great at all. Flavor not good, chicken sticks to grill horribly. Will definitely not make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Curry >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >