Grilled Country-Style Ribs Recipe
These hearty marinated ribs are precooked in the microwave and finished on the grill. They turn out moist and tender with a great smoky flavor! Sue Benning, Menasha, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in country-style pork ribs (1-1/2 inches thick and 14 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup mixture for basting. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade; place ribs and remaining water in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 3. Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 rib equals 462 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 995 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 48 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC