- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in country-style pork ribs (1-1/2 inches thick and 14 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup mixture for basting. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade; place ribs and remaining water in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Country-Style Ribs
"Followed the original recipe turned out wonderful!"
"Depending on the wattage of your microwave determines how long you should microwave. I substituted a microwave bag for a covered a dish and followed the directions on the bag, it made all the difference in world prior to going to the grill, the ribs turned out moist inside and carmelized on the outside. I would do it again my way."
"Follow the recommendation, boil first for 45 minutes (add a little vinegar to the water) - sauce is excellent but Sweet Baby Rays is as good"
"Don't do in the microwave on HIGH! cook on no higher than MED in the microwave, these come out wonderful when you follow the remaining methods!"
"You never put meat in the microwave before grilling. Either boil it for an hour or bake first. I boiled the meat and then grilled them and it was wonderful!"