Grilled Country Ribs Recipe
I never made barbecued ribs until I moved to the South. Now I have learned how to fix 'em tender and finger lickin' good. Everyone loves the tasty sticky sauce on these ribs. They're my favorite entree, served with slaw and baked beans.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-3/4 hours Grill: 1 hour YIELD:6 servings
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place ribs in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Drain ribs. Grill, covered, over indirect low heat 45 minutes, turning once. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 15 minutes longer or until meat is tender, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 490 calories, 28 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC