I never made barbecued ribs until I moved to the South. Now I have learned how to fix 'em tender and finger lickin' good. Everyone loves the tasty sticky sauce on these ribs. They're my favorite entree, served with slaw and baked beans.
Recommended: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ribs in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs. Grill, covered, over indirect low heat 45 minutes, turning once. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 15 minutes longer or until meat is tender, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Country Ribs in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p33
Reviews for Grilled Country Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2015
"Made these for my family tonight!. Fall off the bone delicious and tasty sauce!!"
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2012
"This is a delicious rib recipe. There is a lot of flavor in the sauce and the meat is tender and juicy."