Grilled Cornish Hens Recipe
I like experimenting with different foods and adapting them to my own tastes. These hens are one of my specialties, an entree I concocted by combining a few different recipes. The moist meat has a pleasant grilled flavor that's accented with cloves and ginger.—David Baruch, Weston, Florida
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, onions, parsley, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Rub mixture under the skin and over the top of each game hen. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper inside the hen cavities.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- 4. Place hens breast side up over drip pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 45-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180° and the meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 hen equals 803 calories, 60 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 381 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 60 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC