Grilled Cornish Hens Recipe
I like experimenting with different foods and adapting them to my own tastes. These hens are one of my specialties, an entree I concocted by combining a few different recipes. The moist meat has a pleasant grilled flavor that's accented with cloves and ginger.David Baruch, Weston, Florida
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, onions, parsley, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Rub mixture under the skin and over the top of each game hen. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper inside the hen cavities.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place hens breast side up over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 45-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and the meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Cornish Hens in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p53
Reviews for Grilled Cornish Hens(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2010
Excellent recipe, I grilled the cornish hens for 60 mins over indirect med heat, and then direct low heat for 10 mins. I also subsituted part garlic powder since I only had one clove of garlic.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >