Grilled Corn with Chive Butter
When our son was young, corn was the only vegetable he'd eat. My husband and I soon got bored with the simple salt and butter topping, so I stirred in some lemon juice and chives.Sue Kirsch, Eden Pairie, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the
- butter, chives, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Carefully peel
- back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush with
- butter mixture. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, uncovered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning
- occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.