When our son was young, corn was the only vegetable he'd eat. My husband and I soon got bored with the simple salt and butter topping, so I stirred in some lemon juice and chives.—Sue Kirsch, Eden Pairie, Minnesota
- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush with butter mixture. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, uncovered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Corn with Chive Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p221
Reviews for Grilled Corn with Chive Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review