- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush with butter mixture. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, uncovered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Corn with Chive Butter
Sort By :
"I added the compound butter mixture to corn that had been boiled since I rarely use a grill. I used lemon pepper seasoning in place of the lemon juice since I had no juice in the house. Next time I think I will reduce or eliminate the sugar--not sure--because when one is eating sweet corn, does it really need sugar on top? I will use this recipe again."
"Everyone loved it. Nice change on grilled corn. I put the foil down on the grill and brushed it with the butter mixture as suggested by a previous review. It turned out great."
"My family loves grilled corn and everyone liked the addition of the chives."
"This definitely put a spin on grilled corn! Make sure that you make some extra Chive Butter for later. I loved this recipe! Will definitely be putting this in my recipe book!"
"I wrapped the corn in foil to make the preparation faster & easier & it turned out delicious!"