Grilled Corn Salsa Recipe
- 6 medium ears sweet corn
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divded
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Remove husks from corn; brush corn and sweet red pepper with 2 teaspoons oil. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place corn over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- 3. Grill red pepper over indirect medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool.
- 4. Cut corn from cobs and dice the sweet red pepper; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the onion, jalapenos, lime juice, salt and remaining oil; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
1/2 cup: 61 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Grilled Corn Salsa
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.