Grilled Corn Salsa Recipe
Lime juice lends a tartness to this colorful salsa - a zippy mixture of corn, sweet red pepper, red onion and jalapeno peppers. With its great grilled flavor, this chunky dip is perfect for summer gatherings and patio parties. Lori Fiock of Warren, Indiana shared the recipe.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divded
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Remove husks from corn; brush corn and sweet red pepper with 2 teaspoons oil. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place corn over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- Grill red pepper over indirect medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool.
- Cut corn from cobs and dice the sweet red pepper; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the onion, jalapenos, lime juice, salt and remaining oil; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Grilled Corn Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p45
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Corn Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review