"Our family and friends always rave over this dish at Sunday afternoon barbecues," confirms Patty Cook of West Palm Beach, Florida. "We usually grill the corn the night before. I especially like this recipe because it lets me share the cooking with my husband, Rich. We call him "King of the Grill'!"
Recommended: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 7 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 7 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 7 cups torn fresh spinach
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the dressing and rosemary; add corn. Seal bag and turn to coat; remove corn from marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate marinade.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Return corn to the marinade; add tomatoes. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain corn and tomatoes, reserving marinade. Cut corn off the cob. Arrange spinach on salad plates; top with tomatoes and corn. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Corn Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p5