Grilled Corn Relish
This colorful relish is a great way to get kids to eat their veggies. It's an instant upgrade for hot dogs! —Ellen Riley, Birmingham, AL
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 5 tablespoons honey Dijon vinaigrette, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut red pepper lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Grill red pepper and
- corn, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until tender,
- turning and basting occasionally with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Remove corn from cobs and chop red pepper; transfer to a small bowl.
- Add green onions, pepper, salt and remaining vinaigrette; toss to
- combine. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 42 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.