Grilled Corn Pasta Salad Recipe
A perfect warm-weather salad, this colorful dish is especially tasty when sweet corn, tomatoes, and zucchini are in season. The garden-fresh ingredients are lightly dressed in mild basil vinegar and oil, plus a blend of other herbs and seasonings. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- 2. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. When corn is cool enough to handle, remove kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Add the pasta, tomatoes, zucchini and olives.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC