- 4 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. When corn is cool enough to handle, remove kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Add the pasta, tomatoes, zucchini and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Corn Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"I fixed this recipe as written and it was delicious. I used whole grain pasta."
"You can roast veggies in the oven any where between 425 to 500 for 25 to 30 min.s"
"I roast corn on the cob in the oven all the time and it takes almost like the gas grill. I leave the husks on (after removing the silk) but I don't tie this together with string. I soak the ears for 20 minutes in cold water and then bake. I'm sure this would work for this salad which sounds wonderful!"
"When you soak the corn in water and then grill it wrapped in the husks, aren't you just steaming it? When I grill it, I strip off the husks, spread butter or oil on it, and let it grill to a delicate brown to carmalize the kernels."
"I don't have a grill and wonder what temp you would roast them in the oven????"