Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe
Seasoned with cilantro, this easy-to-prepare corn on the cob is sure to be a standout at your Labor Day picnic. Wrapping the corn in foil helps lock in the flavors. -Kara De la vega, Suisun City, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 12 medium ears sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Meanwhile in a small bowl, beat the butter and sugar; spread over corn.
- 3. On a shallow plate, combine the cilantro, salt and pepper. Roll corn in mixture until lightly coated.
- 4. Wrap each ear in heavy-duty foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the corn is tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC