Grilled Corn Dip Recipe
Great for summer, this tasty appetizer is a must-have on weekend family gatherings at our cottage on Sandusky Bay. It's well worth the time it takes to grill the corn and cut it from the cob. —Cathy Myers, Monroeville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 6 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- 2. Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, saute the onion and jalapeno in butter for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender. Add corn and garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and chili powder. Stir in cheese and corn mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with olives and green onions; serve with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 175 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC