Perfect for a backyard barbecue or an afternoon tailgate, these cheesy chops from Marcia Obenhaus of Princeton, Illinois will hit the spot at any time and any place!
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, ketchup, vinegar, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder and mustard. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place a cheese slice on each slice of ham; roll up jelly-roll style. Insert into each pocket; secure with toothpicks.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cordon Bleu Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Cordon-Bleu Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review