"When it comes to fixing simple meals for two, this hearty club stacks up as a winner," assures Robin Boynton of Harbor Beach, Michigan. Her sizable sandwich-which can easily be halved to serve one-is piled high with deli meats, tomatoes and cheese.
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 4 slices French bread
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 thin slices deli turkey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Top two slices with half of the cheese; layer with ham, tomato, turkey and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter. In a skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until bread is lightly browned on both sides. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Club Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p47
Reviews for Grilled Club Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review