Grilled Clam Bake Recipe
With clams and crab legs, this grilled entree looks impressive but is quite easy to prepare on the grill. The addition of corn and potatoes makes it a meal in one.—Lisa Reuter, Hilliard, Ohio
- 18 fresh littleneck clams
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed and cut into thirds
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 pounds uncooked snow crab legs
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- French bread, optional
- 1. Tap clams; discard any that do not close.
- 2. In a large disposable roasting pan, layer the clams, corn, potatoes, onions, wine, herbs, oil, garlic, pepper, pepper sauce, salt and bay leaves. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add crab; cook until potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Discard bay leaves; stir in butter. Serve with bread if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 574 calories, 33g fat (8g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Clam Bake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC