Grilled Clam Bake Recipe
With clams and crab legs, this grilled entree looks impressive but is quite easy to prepare on the grill. The addition of corn and potatoes makes it a meal in one.Lisa Reuter, Hilliard, Ohio
- 18 fresh littleneck clams
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed and cut into thirds
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 pounds uncooked snow crab legs
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- French bread, optional
- Tap clams; discard any that do not close.
- In a large disposable roasting pan, layer the clams, corn, potatoes, onions, wine, herbs, oil, garlic, pepper, pepper sauce, salt and bay leaves. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add crab; cook until potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Discard bay leaves; stir in butter. Serve with bread if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Clam Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p220
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Clam Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review