With clams and crab legs, this grilled entree looks impressive but is quite easy to prepare on the grill. The addition of corn and potatoes makes it a meal in one.—Lisa Reuter, Hilliard, Ohio
- 18 fresh littleneck clams
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed and cut into thirds
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 pounds uncooked snow crab legs
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- French bread, optional
- Tap clams; discard any that do not close.
- In a large disposable roasting pan, layer the clams, corn, potatoes, onions, wine, herbs, oil, garlic, pepper, pepper sauce, salt and bay leaves. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add crab; cook until potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Discard bay leaves; stir in butter. Serve with bread if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Clam Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p220
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Clam Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review