We invite someone for dinner almost every weekend, and this recipe has never failed us. It can be prepared in just a few minutes. I like to serve it with vegetables and a salad. -Joan Whyte-Elliott of Fenelon Falls, Ontario
- 2/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak (2 inches thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the orange marmalade, soy sauce, lemon juice and oil. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add the steak to the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over direct medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place beef over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes longer or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°.), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Citrus Steak in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p27
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Citrus Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review