- 2/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak (2 inches thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the orange marmalade, soy sauce, lemon juice and oil. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add the steak to the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over direct medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place beef over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes longer or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°.), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Citrus Steak
"My kids loved this! Husband wasent to to fond of it but still thought it was good. I enjoyed it. You can realy taste the orange. If your a fan of orange chicken then youll love this!!"