- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- orange or lemon slices, optional
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Grill salmon over medium heat, skin side down, for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste every 5 minutes with citrus mixture. Garnish with orange or lemon slices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Citrus Salmon
"I used only the lemon, I thought the orange would make it too sweet, as I do not like sweet meat or seafood. It was fantastic!! I didn't cook it as long, only 12 min. did it perfect."
"Love the citrus but be careful not to overcook the salmon!"
"So easy and absolutely delicious! Our dinner guests were so impressed! A real keeper!"